Friday, April 30, 2010

Swap from Australia

I received my package from Becca in Australia yesterday! She sent some gorgeous yarn, a book I can't wait to read, a beautiful book on Australian wildlife, 3 Violet Crumbles, and a wonderful bracelet. The color of the yarn doesn't show too well in my photos. It's a rich purple, but one with a lot of red in it. She hand dyed it herself, and I think the color is wonderful. I can't WAIT to stitch it up. Becca also sent me a pattern and the needles for a scarf to make with it, and although it's a bit beyond me, I'm ready to give it a try. I spent a long time last night fondling the yarn, it's just so yummy. :)


I don't know why this ended up looking so blue, but you can see how generous Becca is!


This is the yarn that Becca hand dyed, this doesn't show how deep the color truly is, but I'm really excited to start knitting it up!


This is a closeup of the bracelet that Becca made and sent to me. When it's on, the white beads end up looking a like bits of coral. It's so pretty and feminine. I just LOVE it!!!!!

Duke thought that the package was for him. I think he has designs on my Violet Crumbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words! They really make my day. :)