Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Goals

First off, I'm dying. Well, I feel like I am. I have the flu, or allergies, or something. It's settled in my chest, and as long as I'm not breathing, I'm not coughing. I think my co-workers are beginning to notice. No one is stopping by my office today. That said, my current illness is totally worth it. I went to Houston for the long weekend and took "Total Immersion Continental Knitting" at Knitting in the Loop. Rose was our teacher, and seven of us spent from 10a-3p last Saturday turning our English method knitting into Continental stitching. If you don't currently stitch Continental, I tell you it's worth learning just for when you're ribbing. Since you hold the thread in your left hand, you don't have to keep swinging it over each time you switch from knit to purl. I'm telling you, that alone is worth the price of admission.

Our teacher, Rose is a sweet woman, but I have to say, we all had a little dislike in our hearts when we were learning how to purl. But, once we got over that, discovered ribbing, and learned to hold one color of yarn in each hand for stranding, we were all converts.

I did a little stash enhancement as well. (Of course!) I picked up 4 skeins of Debbie Bliss Amalfi yarn. Each skein is a different color, but all have the same saturation. (I chose brown, green, blue and pink.) I intend to knit a scarf. At the moment, I'm working on a garter stitch scarf for my niece in yummy Noro. It's going a LOT faster with the Continental stitch.

I do feel bad for my father who has NO interest in knitting what so ever. Mom and I did spend most of Saturday night and Sunday trying to explain to him why we were so giddy. He didn't care. :)

Well, it's time to crawl under my desk again. The icepick in the eyeball feeling is back, and I'll probably murder the next person with a problem, so it's best that I hide.

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind words! They really make my day. :)