Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Knot or Not Knot

I came to the end of my first skein of yarn last night! I had knitted 47 rows using my multi mauve. Well, not 47 rows exactly. I was paying MUCH more attention to Gibbs and Abby on NCIS than the amount of yarn I had left, and it ended about 20 stitches shy of the end of the row. I then sat through most of LOST trying to decide if I was going to frog the row and start with my new skein back at the beginning, or if I was just going to... tie a knot.

Oh, I know, the horror of a knot!! On something I actually MEAN to give away!!! After 45 minutes of LOST (well, really I was mostly watching the show) I decided that I'm ok with being a lazy knitter. I was not going to frog a perfectly good row just to avoid putting in a knot. My niece won't know that it's a 'bad' thing, she's only 6. (Her mother won't know either since she's not a knitter.)

I just can never mention this to my Mom. Not that she's above a knot, I'm sure that she's used them before. Just probably not on something that she means as a present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words! They really make my day. :)